As I looked at my wonderful wife this week and think about our upcoming anniversary (8 years in June), I wondered about the spouses of other HR professionals around the world.
Do all of them realize how lucky they are to have married someone working in human resources? :-) With that in mind, here are seven reasons to marry an HR pro. I’d love for you to add your own to the list!
Reasons to Marry Someone Working in HR
- You’ll never have to worry about your work benefits again. We know what questions to askÂ andÂ how everythingÂ works. Just turn over the paperwork and we’ll let you know where to sign.
- You’re going to get the insider tutorial on compensation. I almost feel sorry for your manager atÂ your next salary negotiation…
- We’re all about wellness, so you know you’re going to get some sweet gym membership in the package.
- We bring home the big bucks… Okay, we bring home some bucks (hey, it’s about doing what you love, right?) :-)
- You will learn 36 ways to get around that crappy policy your company just implemented. Policy workarounds are our thing.
- We’ll tell you the secret to surviving with annoying coworkers. (Hint: there’s at least one at every company)
- Want to cheer up? We have the funniest, weirdest, and best stories you’ll ever hear about the workplace. Did I ever tell you the time I almost was hit by a voodoo curse in the office…
So, let’s keep it going! What other great benefits come from marrying one the proud HR professionals of the world?