Last year my wife and I celebrated our tenth anniversary. Four kids, three houses, two sets of in-laws, and hundreds of silly arguments about toothpaste, dirty clothes, or what to eat for dinner later. And we’re still going strong.
Several years ago I wrote a piece on funny reasons to marry an HR pro. After having to pull out my HR skills to handle yet another conversation this week with my wife’s former employer about retirement benefits, this has been top of mind for me. So, what are the best benefits of marrying someone working in HR?
Reasons to Marry Someone Working in HR
- You’ll never have to worry about your work benefits again. We know what questions to ask and how everything works. Just turn over the paperwork and we’ll let you know where to sign.
- You’re going to get the insider tutorial on compensation. I almost feel sorry for your manager at your next salary negotiation!
- We’re all about wellness, so you know you’re going to get some sweet gym membership in the package.
- We bring home the big bucks! Okay, we bring home “some” bucks (hey, it’s about doing what you love, right?) :-)
- You will learn 36 ways to get around that crappy policy your company just implemented. Policy workarounds are our thing.
- We’ll tell you the secret to surviving with annoying coworkers. (Hint: there’s at least one at every company)
- Want to cheer up? We have the funniest, weirdest, and best stories you’ll ever hear about the workplace. Did I ever tell you the time I almost was hit by a voodoo curse in the office?
- The network! Next time you have to look for a job you’ll have a great group of HR leaders ready to support you with their connections.
So, let’s keep it going! What other great benefits come from marrying one of the proud HR professionals of the world?