This HR Carnival is focused on those getting into HR. The HR Carnival is a great opportunity to harness the brains of multiple people for a common purpose. This one is no different. For this edition, I asked each person to contribute an article that touches on some of the key skills, insights, and abilities for the new HR pro.
I realize that many of us are beyond those initial shaky steps in the profession, but I also think we need to do what we can to reach back and help the next generation of HR professionals however we can. With that in mind, let’s jump into the day’s content.
Six of HR’s best blogs sound off
- The team from changeboard blogÂ threw out the top 10 career tips from HRDs around the world. Let’s tap into the brilliance offered here, shall we?
- Melissa at HR reMix brings us the best advice for a new HR pro. (Hint: it’s never reallyÂ about HR!)
- Shauna the incorrigible HR Minion tells us you can never be too much of anything. Absolutely love this and couldn’t agree more.
- Mark at Inflexion Advisors offers up the power of 7 simple questions.
- Naomi Bloom shares with us the model of a modern HR leader. Do you fit the mold?
- Amit from Young HR Manager asks the eternal question: can HR haveÂ friends at work?Â Wow. This one really hit me hard. I have plenty of friends at work of varying degrees, but I always have the vague thought in the back of my mind that I might have to be the one to end that on the company’s behalf one day.
As for myself, I’d love to kick in the Ultimate Guide to Entry Level HR Jobs. Lots of good info there and hopefully it continues to help the next generation entering the HR/recruiting workforce by answering questions, providing helpful guidance, and eliminating the ambiguity surrounding the profession.
What about you? Any additional words of wisdom to share?
Thanks for the links! I’m always interested in speculation about what the future of HR holds, so Naomi Bloom’s article was a good read.
Great links. I like the HR Minion’s post and her advice to be humble, be kind, be grateful.
Pingback: Top 10 career tips from HRDs around the world | Changeboard Blog
Pingback: An Overdue Carnival of HR Update – Bringing you the best of the HR Blogging Community.