It’s the giving season around these parts, and I wanted to take a minute to remind everyone of some of the great (free) resources that have been published here over the years.
- Building your HR department-some of the key tips and tricks for getting the HR function up and running, how to gain credibility, and how to manage it all without help!
- Employee performance management guide-great content on managing employee performance in a way that doesn’t make them run screaming from the building
- Employee retention eBook-great ideas on retaining your best and brightest
- Employee engagement eBook-this was the handbook on engagement before engagement was cool :-)
- New hire orientation and onboarding guide-If you want to shake up your new hire process (or develop one, if it doesn’t exist?), then this guide is for you. I’ve had dozens of “thank you!” comments on this over the past few years.
- HRYP guide for young professionals-this short guide for young professionals touches on some of the key aspects of a solid career development plan
- Rock your SHRM chapter-if you volunteer in the SHRM space for your chapter or state council, this guide is a phenomenal tool for helping to generate new ideas and drive engagement with your volunteers and members.
- PHR Study Series Free eBook-as always, I am helping those preparing for the PHR/SPHR exams by providing guidance and insight on the exam. This was my first guide, so the writing style is more coarse; however, it gets the job done!
I appreciate each and every one of you, and I hope you are looking forward to an exciting 2014!