If you’ve read this blog for more than a few days, you know I’m no stranger to the discussion around HR certification. But today I’m going to share some thoughts from a recent conversation with a friend and colleague on why HR certification matters and how to leverage it for career success. It was a fun discussion with Kristina Minyard, who recently completed her own SHRM-SCP exam, about the value of both the HRCI and SHRM certification options. Click here to check out the episode and listen in.
Notes from the podcast
- Link to the episode
- Ben celebrates his 10th wedding anniversary and his one year anniversary running Lighthouse Research.
- Kristina also participated in episode two, Recruiting as a Service.
- Ben and Kristina talk about why certification matters to them as volunteer leaders, speakers, professionals, and more.
- Kristina points out why certification is different from education and why it is arguably more important.
- Ben and Kristina discuss the HRCI vs SHRM options for certification exams.
- Kristina talks about group vs solo prep and which works best
- Ben reminds everyone about some of the certification tools available on upstartHR
- Kristina talks about her recent experience taking and passing the SHRM-SCP exam and her lessons learned
If you enjoyed this show, be sure to check out all the show archives!