A few months ago I had the opportunity to participate in a group eBook project run by my good friend Chris Ferdinandi. It was a really great experience and I love sharing the eBook with others. Anyway, I was asked by my buddy Rich from Corn on the Job to participate in another guide with a career focus, and I leaped at the opportunity. I did it not only because Rich asked, but because I also love talking about career concepts. My first writing gig was with a career site, after all!
The new book is career-focused and the all star list of contributors was pulled from the list of Top 25 Digital Influencers in HR.
- Penelope Trunk – http://www.penelopetrunk.com
- Mark Stelzner – http://www.inflexionadvisors.com/
- Lance Haun – http://rehaul.com/
- John Sumser – http://www.hrexaminer.com/
- Jim Stroud – http://www.jimstroud.com/
- Kris Dunn – http://www.hrcapitalist.com/
- Todd Raphael – http://www.ere.net/
- Jason Alba – http://www.jibberjobber.com/login.php
- Sharlyn Lauby – http://www.hrbartender.com/
- Laurie Ruettimann – http://punkrockhr.com/
- Alexander Kjerulf – http://positivesharing.com/
- Steve Roesler – http://steveroesler.com/
- Kevin Grossman – http://www.hrmarketer.com
- Lisa Rosendahl – http://www.lisarosendahl.com/
- Chris Ferdinandi – http://renegadehr.net/
- Peter Clayton – http://www.totalpicture.com/
- Rich DeMatteo – http://www.CornOnTheJob.com
My Piece of the (incredibly delicious) Pie
It\’s easier than ever to look for a job, get on someone\’sÂ radar, and share about yourself before the interview evenÂ starts. If you aren\’t found in a Google search, you shouldÂ be! Employers and recruiters Google candidates all theÂ time. The only thing worse than not showing up in a GoogleÂ search is appearing in a negative light. Make sure your onlineÂ persona is up to snuff. Not sure how to get started withÂ that? It\’s surprisingly easy to blaze your own path.
- Start a free blog on WordPress.
- Create a LinkedIn profileÂ that demonstrates your accomplishments.
- Write an articleÂ and use it as a guest post for a popular blogger in your industry.
- Start a Twitter account and share relevant and interestingÂ news items.
But the most amazing thing I\’ve learnedÂ about getting a job (or anything else you want) is evenÂ more powerful. Two words. Are you ready?
Yep, that\’s it. Find out what people need and do what you can to assist. It will instantly make you more credible and valuable, and people will be more likely to help you, too. It\’s amazing what people will do for you and say about you if you voluntarily help them solve problems.