If you went with Dreamhost, it’s as simple as navigating to the one-click section and installing WordPress. Really, it’s that easy! Below you’ll find some instructions to walk you through these steps.
FYI, if you just purchased your domain name in the hosting signup process, then you may have to wait up to 24 hours for the domain to move into your control and for WordPress to install.
If video is your preference, I also have created short videos to help walk you through this process. Part 1 and Part 2
Dreamhost WordPress Installation Tutorial
- Sign into your web administration panel
- In the left sidebar, scroll down until you find the Goodies section
- Under Goodies, choose One-Click Installs
- Click Install New Web Software-Advanced Mode
- Make sure WordPress is chosen from the list
- Leave the Install to path blank (if there is nothing on your current domain)
- Click Install it for me now
- Shortly you’ll receive an email from the Dreamhost robot that gives you the link to install WordPress on your site