I’ll be talking on DriveThruHR today, and I’d love for you to call in or listen online. The show is at noon central time and runs for a (fairly quick!) thirty minutes. If you miss the show, you can listen to the archive afterward.
- Click here to visit the DriveThruHR site
- Click here to add to your Outlook calendar
- Click here to follow the discussion on Twitter
I have had a busy week, and I honestly am not sure yet what I’ll be talking about when I get the famous “What is keeping you up at night?” question. Here are a handful of things I’ve been working on in the past few weeks:
- Worked to determine how to compensate a team for delivering an amazingly complex project on time and on budget
- Looking at potential performance issues and how to deal with them through the eyes of one of our new managers
- Working with our events team on living out our “create an enjoyable work environment” value through fun, exciting events throughout the year (paper airplane contest, tailgating, and more!)
- Completed the local wage/benefits surveys and had to hand deliver paper printouts of several spreadsheets; no electronic copies of the Excel file that you had to add data to could be submitted
- Prepared for the quarterly all hands briefing
- Set up our team trivia practice for an upcoming fundraiser (IMPACT Alabama)
- Dealt with email flame wars that seemed to go on indefinitely
- Developed flow charts to illustrate our processes with regard to recruiting, performance management, etc.
Those are just a few of the things that have kept me busy in the past week! Outside that maybe we can talk about events, HRevolution, and other fun stuff.