I’ve been crying myself to sleep every night for the past few weeks, because SHRM09 is coming, and it’s coming on fast. I’m not the only one not able to attend the party, but I am the only one who will be posting a list of excuses for not attending.
- The judge said I can\’t cross state lines.
- My boss won\’t let me.
- I haven\’t paid that much money for a car, much less a trip.
- They didn’t invite me to speak. Like I’m not up to Jack Welch-level or something. Whatever.
- Networking? Pfft. Who needs it?
- I am quite confident that I know everything already.
- Going to NOLA and having time off work? Where\’s the fun in that?
- I\’m terrified of the scary people who will be there.
- It\’s SO much more fun to Twitter than actually DO anything.
- I have more time to look forward to SHRM 2010. (Woohoo! Anticipation, baby!)
In all seriousness, I hope everyone stays safe, learns a lot, drops great tweets (with the #SHRM09 hashtag), and remembers all of us “left behind” on the battlefield. Have fun!