We are drawn to lists. It’s pretty simple, really. With all the information at our fingertips on a daily basis, our brains need some way of keeping track of all the data. It needs a way to catalog resources it runs across, so it sorts, ranks, and filters as needed. Today I have a special list. The Carnival of HRÂ is in town, and I’ve collected 17 fantastic posts for your enjoyment. Whether you’re looking to increase your productivity, get more speaking roles as a trench HR pro, or fire an employee, there is something here for you!
- Tanmay Vora brings us 10 productivity reminders.
- Lizzie Smithson shares 7 reasons people hate you on Twitter.
- Laurie Ruettimann offers up 3 annoying things you do on Twitter.
- Eric Meyer tells us 6 shocking social media stats.
- Paul Baribeau lets us in on the top 5 job boards for recruiters.
- Mark Stelzner preaches on 4 ways “trench HR” pros can get more speaking gigs.
- Mike McCarty gives us 4 steps to understanding background checks and the FCRA.
- Jennifer Miller lets us know the 4 critical roles on a project team.
- Jennifer McClure presents 10 presentations on using social media for HR and recruiting.
- Dan McCarthy tells us 10 reasons notÂ to do succession planning.
- Laura Schroeder offers 7 trendy HR trends to follow.
- Naomi Bloom brings Thanksgiving early with 6 things she’s thankful for.
- Andrew Tarvin yuks it up with 5 tips for corporate entertainment success.
- Mike Haberman talks about the number 1 key to retention.
- Chris Young throws out 4 tips for effective meetings.
- Shauna Moerke coughs up 5 ways to know you should have called in sick.
Thanks again to all the great participants for sharing their expertise! I had a great time reading through these posts and I know you will, too.