Today I’m doing the raving fan thing and bragging on my new cell provider. I love these guys and have been recommending them to people around me for weeks!
I just passed one month with Republic Wireless, and I’m definitely a convert. When I left Pinnacle to join the Brandon Hall Group recently I had to transition to a new phone. My wife was with Verizon and I was with T-Mobile for work, and I knew two things:
So I started looking at other providers and found Republic Wireless.
The company offers an amazing price (my plan is $25/mo), unlimited talk/text/data, and the service is pretty darn good where I live/work. Win-win-win!
How it works
- Republic uses the Sprint network to provide cell coverage, but you never actually interact with Sprint. It’s seamless.
- The phones Republic offers are hybrid phones: they can use wifi for texts and calls. That allows them to keep costs down.
- No contracts or bait and switch pricing. The phone is yours.
- They have 4 simple to understand plans. No tricky options or other gimmicks.
- You buy a phone. You pick a plan. You smile as you cut off your gigantic cell phone bill.
My favorite features
- The Moto X is an excellent phone. Easily the best phone I’ve ever owned.
- Change plans up to twice a month with no penalties. For instance, while at the SHRM conference in Orlando I was able to upgrade to the 4G plan to ensure I had the best/fastest service possible. Now that I’m home I changed it back to my regular 3G plan. I’ll be charged the 4G rate only for the days I had the service active.
- Wifi calling! I work a few days a week from a small office near my home. Signal is spotty in the building, but I’ve held calls on wifi up to 30 minutes without issue.
- My wife has the less expensive Moto G and likes it. She is more of a casual user, so we settled on that one and dropped her old $100 a month plan for the $25 Republic option.
As I said, I’m a convert and would encourage you to check them out if you are paying an arm and a leg for your cell service. Any questions? :-)