So. How’s your culture? Are you paying attention to it? What’s it like? Do people love it? Hate it? Want to burn it to the ground, bulldoze the ashes, and nuke the whole mess?
I jest, but it’s a serious question. Have you ever taken the time to just sit and think about the culture and values your organization embodies? I’d hope that it would be a pleasant experience, but there’s really no way for me to answer that for you. What do you think? Are you proud to talk about what your organization does and values, or does it make you a little queasy? Check the video below for a few ideas I have regarding culture and values and let me know what your thoughts are.
I just realized the audio and video tracks are off. Get ready for a funny video that looks like an old Japanese horror film. :-)
- Build your culture before you need it. -Rusty Brand
- The bigger you get, the harder it is to influence the culture of an organization.
- If you don\’t pay attention to it, you\’ll eventually wish you had.
- If you don\’t know what kind of culture you want to have, you can\’t hire and retain people who are a cultural fit.
- Your values are set by what you pay people to do.
- Hire for attitude and cultural fit, train for everything else.